Can Crabs Hear?
Crabs can hear but not like people do. Crabs, just like all other crustaceans, were not created with ears like humans and other mammals have. They are invertebrates, so they do not have the bones and cartilage as human ears have. Crabs spend a lot of time underwater, so their hearing needs are quite different from ours, yet there are some similarities. As humans, we hear sound waves and crabs can sense the changes in water pressure.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California