Are Tiger Barbs Aggressive?
Single specimens of tiger barbs tend to be aggressive and should not be kept without companions. The only drawback to tiger barbs is their tendency to nip the fins in the tank. They are schooling fish and don’t do well in groups less than 7 or 8. They are also one of the most popular species that we keep today. The tanks in which they are kept should be sparsely planted with a lot of open space to enable them to swim freely.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California