Are Orange Cats Always Male?
Orange cats are not always male but 2 out of 3 are. It’s related to gender chromosomes. Female cats have two x chromosomes and male cats have an x and a y chromosome. Since male cats have one x chromosome, if that chromosome ends up having a dominant orange color, the cat will be orange. For a female cat to be orange, they would have to have dominant orange genes on both their x chromosomes. There is a 25% chance of that happening. Most orange cats are male; however there are also some that are female.
- Pearson Biology Page 72 Answers Section 3.2
- Pearson Biology Page 98 Answers Section 4.1
- Pearson Biology Page 49 Answers Section 2.3
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 67 Answers Chapter 4 Test Your Understanding California
- Campbell AP Biology 9th Edition Page 56 Answers Section 3.3 Concept Check California